Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Who am I - part 2

Ok, here's why I have a hard time with this whole psuedonymn thing- I can't remember who I'm supposed to be if i'm not who I really am.
I sat down to enter Blogworld and couldn't remember who i was supposed to be here. *Shakes head and sighs* Sad.

(side note...dtr #4 just enlightened me re: the asterisk and action in cyberworld. I just felt the splash of a wave!)

I am always challenged when someone asks, "What do you do?" because the answer changes from day to day. Sometimes even within a day. We ask that question because we are trying to find out if we have common ground with someone in order to form a basis for a conversation, if not a relationship. It may not be much, but it's a start. When someone answers with three words that have 15 letters each, most of us smile, nod wisely and say something brilliant like, "Wow". Conversation then moves on to other stimulating topics such as the weather or the latest insurance commercials.

I can state most emphatically that what I do has very little to do with who I am. (This may or may not be an accurate assessment but it is indeed emphatic.) Usually I do what needs to be done next within the scope of my abilities. Sometimes that contributes to the family coffers and sometimes it doesn't. It always contributes to my personal growth in some way. Often it is in doing the things that I would never choose that I find myself stretched and my heart enlarged in some way. It is when I have come to the end of my strength or ability to continue that I am pressed to reach out to the Lord and find a ready and willing ally. When I have come to the end of myself I find that He is just beginning.

No comments: